Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your own workflows with SharePoint Designer, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
You can create your own workflows without code by using SharePoint Designer 2010.…SharePoint Designer 2010 is a free download from Microsoft.…Once it's installed, you can open it up and tell it to connect to a…particular SharePoint site.…So I'm going to open an existing site, and I'm going to give it the address of a…team site that I have and click Open.…SharePoint Designer is really used for several different reasons.…Changing the look of SharePoint sites, creating custom pages and custom data…connections, but a big piece of it is the idea of creating custom Workflows.…
Now if you notice, on the left-hand side, we basically have a breakdown of what…the site is made of.…Our Lists and Libraries, for example, our Site Pages, and we have a section called Workflows.…What it's telling me right now is the three SharePoint Workflows that are…available out of the box.…Again, this is if you have SharePoint Server.…And also, if your administrator has made sure that these workflows are enabled,…because they can be turned off.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.