Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a site template, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
So let's say you go to town on customizing a site. Well, what you do in…SharePoint when you create a staggering work of genius?…Let's say you've taken several hours and you've customized a SharePoint team site.…You've changed the theme, you have moved Web Parts around, you've uploaded…images, you might have created custom lists and new libraries, and even filled…out some of those lists.…You're looking at the site thinking, you know, this would be really useful if…someone else could use this as a starting point.…They could use this one instead of a normal Microsoft SharePoint team site.…
Well, you can make that happen.…It's very easy to do.…First, you make all the changes that you want to make to your site and you go…to your Site Actions down to Site Settings. What we are going to do is save…this site as a template.…We're making our own site template in SharePoint.…That option is over here in Site Actions > Save Site as Template. We click it.…It's going to ask us to give us a filename.…This is because our changes are going to be packaged up as a single file.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.