Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a site collection, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Creating a site collection is actually a very simple task, but you typically…don't have access to it.…I am in a very limited location called SharePoint Central Administration.…This is a website for managing the SharePoint farm itself and typically you only…have access to this if you're what's called a farm administrator.…If you do have access to this site, that's terrific.…But if not, I just want to take you through the process so you understand what…it is someone would have to do to make a new site collection.…
I am in the section called Application Management.…There is a whole bunch of options here, but I have, as you might see here, this…Site Collections area where I have an option to create a site collection.…Now, creating a site collection itself is kind of a bit of an anticlimax.…To create a site collection, you really just have to tell it what is the top…level site in that site collection.…In this case, I'm double-checking that I'm going to create this site collection…in the right place, the same place I have been doing anything else, under my…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.