Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new security group, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Occasionally you'll run into a situation where you want to add someone to…your SharePoint site,…but when you're looking at the permissions available, nothing seems to be…quite the right fix.…You don't want to give them Full Control and put them in the Owners…group, because then they can create new sites and even delete sites in…your site collection.…You might not want to give them Contribute permission, because they actually…need a little more than that.…Let's say, for example, you've brought someone in who has got design skills and…you want to help them lay out the look of your SharePoint site.…
Change themes, rearrange Web Parts.…Well, they can't do that if they're in their Contribute permission level, they…don't have enough permissions,…but Full Control is a little much. So what do we do?…Well, you've got a couple of options.…There is an existing permission level called Design that you could directly give to someone.…So if there was just one person, you could actually say, you know, I'm going to…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.