Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating document sets, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
I am going to create a new document set in this site collection.…All I have right now is a blank site called Business Development with one…document library in it called Investment Opportunities.…I'd like then to upload business plans as document sets into this library.…Now, the first thing that I have to do is just turn on the ability to use…document sets at all.…It is a feature, which means I need to go to my Site Settings page.…It's a site collection feature, not just a site feature, but a site…collection feature.…
So, you have to be a site collection administrator to turn this on.…You may have to talk to someone if you're not a site collection admin.…The Document Sets feature is here.…I'm going to click Activate, and that step one taken care of.…I can now go back to my Home page.…It doesn't make any visible difference yet, because I haven't actually defined…the document set at all, and that's going to be step two.…I am going to go back to my Site Settings page because what I'm interested right…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.