Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a dashboard with PerformancePoint Services, part of Creating Quick No-Code SharePoint Business Solutions with Composites.
- View Offline
- Okay, now let's examine how we can take your data…and with no code create a composite…so that we can use SharePoint.…Particularly within SharePoint, PerformancePoint Services…to create a dashboard, again with no code and rather easily.…So the first thing we're going to take a look at…is I've already got a sample data warehouse built…and these samples, I've got two of them,…Adventure Works DW2012…and then I also have Contoso_Retail.…
Both of these are Microsoft and they're both…available for download.…You can just search for them and you'll find them…and you'll download them, and along with the download…there's a lot of instructions of how to install these.…So as you see here on the right,…I've just ran a little query, this is actually an MDX query.…MDX is moddable, multi-dimensional expressions.…So I ran a little query and I just wanted to see sales,…internet sales versus reseller sales…and slice that by year as you can see.…
That's based on the Adventure Works cube…within the Adventure Works data warehouse.…
So join Ron Davis as he shows how to get the most out of your SharePoint investment, with SharePoint Composites and some inventive sample business solutions. Ron shows how to gather requirements, use templates, create composites, integrate with Excel and other Office services, and implement solutions for a range of scenarios.
- An introduction to SharePoint's no-code Composites
- Composites life cycle
- Using out-of-the-box and custom workflows
- Using SharePoint site templates
- Working with Access apps
- Integrating with Excel, Power Pivot, and PerformancePoint
- Example business solutions