Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom view, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Every time you look at the contents of a SharePoint list, you're really looking…at a view of that List, a special filtered perspective. Because the list…information itself is stored in rather ugly database tables on the SharePoint…Server and this is not what we want to see.…If I have calendar data for example, I don't want to see a big…spreadsheet-looking thing. I want to go and see a calendar and indeed the…Calendar list has a default view that looks like a calendar.…It's filtering the data, meaning that there's a lot more entries than I can see…here, but a) I just want to see this month and b)…I just want to see some basic information.…
Most of these individual calendar appointments, if I click on them and decide to…edit that event, will tell me more information.…It might have some notes.…It's got a location.…It's got a category, but when I'm looking at the default Calendar view, I see none of that.…I just see the summary.…I see the useful information there, because we're looking at a filtered view…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.