Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom list, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
The time will certainly come when you're going to look at the available lists,…you're either going to use your Site Actions menu and click More Options, or one…of the many ways you get to the same window.…You'll look at the available lists, and you'll think, okay, this just…isn't doing it for me.…I need a list to keep track of my ice cream flavors, my vendor's machinery, my DVD titles.…Those obviously don't exist in this fairly short predefined setup.…However, what you do have is the ability to create a custom list.…
Now, you'll see two options for this, Custom List and Custom List in Datasheet View.…These are quite similar to each other, as we'll see in a moment.…In fact, if you can filter down your list even further to the Blank & Custom,…you'll basically see three choices.…You can make a custom list in a different view called the Datasheet View, or you…can import a spreadsheet.…So, if you're storing this data already in an Excel spreadsheet, where the…first columns are the titles of the fields that you're storing, you can import that in.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.