Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a SharePoint blog, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
One of the remaining SharePoint site templates is a blog site.…If your SharePoint administrator have enabled it and you have the ability to…make a personal site, which you will find under your My Content link, you will even…actually see a suggested place here if you want to create a blog.…This would be a good place to put a blog if you are just doing it for yourself.…You could actually create a blog site under any site.…It's normally available when you are creating a sub-site.…So let's say you are creating a team blog, you might put it under your team site.…
This would be a personal one.…So I am going to hit Create Blog.…It's a bit more of a straightforward process of creating it here rather than…naming it and choosing a URL. And we have the blog.…As you might expect, it's kind of like using any blog.…The whole point of blogs is they are very, very easy to use.…You can click on any one of the headings here.…You have got an Edit button.…That gives you a little editor.…You can add your own categories and choose from certain categories in there.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.