Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Record Center, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In SharePoint if you want something created as a records repository, meaning…there's one central location where you can formally control all the things that you…consider corporate records,…well the site template you can use is called the Records Center.…Now this can only be created as the top -level site in a new site collection,…which is what I've already done with this one.…And while technically you can create several, you typically only make one.…And this acts as the Record Center for the entire SharePoint farm.…
The idea of a record of course is that there's a great deal of formality over its lifetime.…We keep the records.…We track the records.…We have much tighter control over things considered records than we do…just regular documents.…Of course, it's your decision what a record actually means for you. Is it financial?…Is it intellectual property?…Is it it all of the above?…When you create a Records Center, it's not necessarily obvious on the…homepage what you're meant to do with it, but luckily under the Site Actions…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.