Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Meeting Workspace, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
To create a new Meeting Workspace, we are creating a SharePoint site and that…means you have to have the correct permission.…There is no difference in permission for creating a workspace for creating a site.…They are all sites.…So I am in an existing Team Site right now and I am going to go to my Site…Actions menu and click the option says New Site.…If you don't have that option, you don't have the permission to make a new…site or a new workspace.…When I select that option, if I have Silverlight installed, I will see this…particular menu option.…
If I don't have Silverlight installed, I will see a more simple web page.…But the result is the same.…Silverlight just has a more graphically friendly way of looking at this stuff.…You don't get any different abilities in either option.…So I can make a team site, a blank site, a Document Workspace, or these five…kinds of Meeting Workspace.…Now, they are not all that different from each other.…I do invite you, if you have the correct permissions, to just make one of each,…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.