Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Document Workspace, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
So if you want a Document Workspace, how do you get it?…Well, you'll need a couple of things here.…One and most importantly, you'll need the right permission.…To create a Document Workspace, you need to have the ability to create a…site inside SharePoint.…The thing to be careful here is you may have that ability in one part of…SharePoint, but not in another part.…Well, how can you tell?…It's actually very simple.…Go into an existing SharePoint site.…Find the Site Actions menu.…And if you have the ability here to create a new site, meaning you have the…option New Site under Site Actions, then you can probably do it.…
If you don't have that option, well, you need to check with someone who can…control those permissions.…Typically, find someone who's got one permission level higher than you and they…may be able to grab that for you.…Now right now if I talk about creating a Document Workspace, and I am talking…about making a SharePoint Site, remember a workspace is a site in SharePoint.…At this point I have to be in an existing SharePoint Site.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.