Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Document Center, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
We have been working with some of the most common SharePoint sites.…things like team sites and Document Workspaces.…And you have seen that the difference in the available site templates is really…based on the focus of the site.…What is the point of the site? What's it for?…Now, let's say you have got a team site.…There is nothing that would stop you from uploading all your company's policies…and procedures into the team site and just making it available to your team.…But the issue is you probably want all the other teams to look at those policies…and procedures as well if they are company-wide.…
Well, you can make everybody a reader on your team site but that's not really an…elegant way of doing it.…Now, there is a New Site template that we can use, that when we make a new site,…it's called the Document Center.…And the Document Center is a site, rather than being organized around a team of…people or one specific document, is a place to store multiple documents.…It's not actually all that different from any other SharePoint site.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.