Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Business Intelligence Center, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
There's a new site template called the Business Intelligence Center.…This only available in SharePoint 2010 Enterprise and only as a top-level site…in a new site collection.…So I'm going to create one here.…I'm in SharePoint Central Administration, which is the only place I can create it,…so you may have to get your administrator to do this for you.…It's available under the Enterprise tab as the Business Intelligence Center.…I'll just give it the name of sites/business.…It doesn't matter what you call it of course.…
It is a normal SharePoint site so it's made of a collection of lists and…libraries, but it's very, very different in intention from typical SharePoint…sites like team sites, Document Workspaces, and so on.…This site is about understanding your data, not about collaborating on it.…It's the site your CEO, your CFO, your business analysts want, the one that…allows them to scan the thousand different pieces of information that are…changing all the time.…
It's a way of getting insight on what's happening in your organization right now.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.