In this video, learn how to create a SharePoint web application.
- [Instructor] So now let's take a look … at how to actually create a web application. … So here on my SharePoint Server, … we're in central administration, … and up near the top-left under application management, … we'll see that we have the option … for managing web applications. … So I'm going to click on that. … So we're going to go up and select new, … to create a new web application. … You see here that it's working on it. … And here we go. … So we want to go ahead and make this a new iOS website. … We're going to call it SharePointTeams-80, … leave it with the port of 80, … the host header, we're going to go ahead … and make that team.Landonhotel.local, … we had set that up in DNS. … Then when we do that, there is a path that it creates. … And I will tell you, … the interface is a little bit quirky here. … Sometimes it takes a minute, … you'll notice that it's kind of weird. … I'm moving my cursor over to the right, … and it's got these invisible characters. … I see this happen sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.