You've seen how to create views previously in this course with the Modern experience lists and libraries, and while this method is different, you can also create views in a classic experience list and library. See how to do this in this video.
- [Narrator] We've seen how to create…views previously, in this course,…with the modern experience lists and libraries.…And while the method is different,…you can also create views in a…classic experience list or library.…Let's go ahead now and see how that's done.…We're here now on our intern list,…it is a classic experience list,…and we go up here to the list tab,…and it opens up our ribbon and we see…we have a whole section here on manage views.…Now, underneath the current view,…you'll see it says, all items,…and we have a little drop down.…
And if we select the drop down,…the only view we have is the default view all items.…Which is exactly what we see here.…Now, we have the ability in this…classic experience list to sort and filter this list.…Let's say we wanted to sort our list…by the last name of our interns.…So we're gonna click on that little arrow here,…to the right of the column name,…and we have the options to sort either A to Z, or Z to A.…We're gonna go ahead and sort the…entire list alphabetically from A to Z,…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.