Custom lists created in SharePoint 2019 using the New List command are modern lists. List commands are displayed above the list on the page. In this video, Gini von Courter demonstrates creating and using a modern list in SharePoint 2019.
- [Instructor] There are two ways that you can…add lists in SharePoint,…and depending on the method that you choose,…you'll end up with either a classic list or a modern list.…If I choose to go, for example, to site contents here…or on the quick launch,…I'll have access to the contents of this SharePoint site.…And if I click new I have choices.…I can create a page, a document library.…
And when I create a document library…I will get a modern document library.…But I can also create a list using an app…or I can create using list.…If I choose list I get a new custom list.…We're going to do that in a moment.…But first let me just drop into the apps…to show you what already exists.…We have apps that we can create…other than a custom list.…I have task apps, I have contact apps,…I have calendar apps.…And these have a power of their own,…particularly the contact apps, for example,…and the calendar app.…
and the calendar app.…Because the contact app can synchronize…with Microsoft Outlook.…So can the calendar as we'll see later in the course.…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.