In Term Management, a term set is a group of related items. In this video, learn how to create a term set.
- [Narrator] Once you have created your groups, … it's time to go ahead and create term sets … within those groups. … All right, so here I have my demo group … and if I hover my mouse over it, … you'll notice that there's a little arrow. … So I will click to expand the menu … and here's an option to create a new term set. … I have to give it a name, … so we'll just call it demo term set. … And now I have a bunch of properties … that I can configure on this. … There's name, the description, the owner, … if I want the owner to be somebody other than me. … I could put contact information. … Okay, so if I had an email address … which in a typical corporate environment you would. … Here in this learning environment, I don't have one. … So I'll leave that blank. … You can add stakeholders, … which are the names of users or groups … that should be notified before any major changes are made … to the term set, okay? … So I could add additional stakeholders in there. … And then there's a submission policy, …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.