In this video, learn how to create a team of communication site in SharePoint 2019. To create a new SharePoint site, first navigate to SharePoint Home. Click the new link at the top of the page. You will be given a choice to create either a team site, to be used for collaboration, or a communication site, typically used to distribute or publicize information. SharePoint Home is the only place from which you can create a modern team site in SharePoint 2019.
- [Instructor] At some point,…you may need to create a new site,…either a team site or a communication site,…and I want to show you now how to do that.…Site creation for SharePoint users happens…from the SharePoint homepage.…Right here, and the link is Create site.…When I click this link,…I'll have a choice to create either a modern team site…or a modern communication site in SharePoint 2019.…Click Create site.…Let's say for example that it's my job…to create a sales showcase for our sales team.…
to create a sales showcase for our sales team.…I'm going to choose Communication Site,…and Communication Sites have three different designs.…They have a topical design,…and what that looks like is the site that we have already,…and then I can choose one that's called Showcase,…and the Showcase site is really much…less text and many more images.…And then the third choice is I'd like to create this site,…but I want to start with a blank.…
And it's just not going to look like much.…Now, in each of these cases,…we are also seeing what this site would look…
- Define SharePoint.
- Recall what level to set permissions when setting up security groups.
- Recall the limitations of opening a document in the Online version of SharePoint.
- Explain how to upload a folder from your documents folder to your SharePoint team site.
- Name the default that has been removed from SharePoint 2019 that limits document editing to one user at a time.
- Explain how to share a particular document on your team site.