In this video, see how to create a survey using the survey app.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'm going to show you how to create a survey in a SharePoint site. We're here on the Landon Hotel Intranet site. We're signed in today as Leslie Richardson. Now, Leslie is the site owner, but you don't have to be the site owner to create a survey. You simply have to have edit permissions on the site. We're going to use the survey app. Lots of apps are available on SharePoint and the survey is one of the default ones, so you shouldn't have any problem. To get to the survey apps, there's a couple of ways. The first way is, you see up here in the upper right? We have this icon, little gear icon, and if I click on it, it gives me the drop-down menu and you'll see Add an app.
This is probably the easiest and fastest way to get to where we need to go, but another way to do it is over here on my quick launch. You'll see I have Site contents. I'm going to click there and it's going to take me to the site Contents page. Up here in the top, sort of on the left, you'll see a big New and a plus. When we click there, we get another drop-down and it says App. Whether I use the gear or whether I come here to the site Contents page and click on App, it takes me to the same place.
Let me click on that, here we go. It takes us here to the Your Apps page where you will find a list of all of the apps that you have available to you. In fact, I actually have two pages of apps. If you go here and you see this little arrow that says, Next, when I click on that it take me to the second page. Now, you may have different apps on your SharePoint. Your organization may have different apps. They may have taken some out, but this is how it is by default. We want to look down our list of apps and find this one, Survey.
It's the very last one on the right corner here on my page, but it may be different for you. I'm going to click on the Survey app and it brings up this window. This is going to give me the option to give my survey a name, which we have to do. It won't allow us to create the survey if we don't give it a name. This is going to be my Health Insurance Survey. We're going to ask our employees some questions about their health insurance. I'm actually going to copy this and I'll show you why in just a minute.
We also have, over here, a little thing that says Advanced Options. Now, there's a couple of things in here we're going to take a look at, but when I click on that it takes me to this page where I'm going to create this new survey. Notice that the name that I typed in was gone. That's why I copied it, because now I can just paste it back in. This page will give me an option to go ahead and give a description about our survey. I'm going to give a description. There are also some Survey Options down here, but we're going to talk about those in another movie.
Let's go ahead and let's click on Next and you'll see it's going to prompt us to create a new question. We will do this. We're going to do this in a different movie, but right now I wanted you to see that's where you're going to go first off. But, also notice over here on the left now, in my quick launch, I have a link to our Health Insurance Survey. Let's click there and it takes me to the homepage of our new survey. We see we have the survey name, the survey description, when the survey was created, and it keeps track of how many people have responded.
Well, nobody's responded because we don't even have any questions yet, but eventually that will fill in. We're going to look at all of these great things throughout this course, but for now, we've created the survey and that's exactly what we set out to do. Thanks for watching and I'll see you in the next movie.
- Creating a survey with the survey app
- Adding questions to a survey
- Adding drop-down menu choice questions
- Survey settings
- Editing and deleting questions
- Setting survey permissions
- Creating branching logic in a survey
- Reviewing survey responses as a user and as a site owner