Every traditional site collection and every group connected site in SharePoint has one top-level site. Everything below that is a subsite. As a site owner, you have the ability to create subsites, and when you do, you become the site owner of that subsite
- [Instructor] Every traditional site collection…and every group connected site…in SharePoint has one top level site.…Everything below that is a subsite.…As a site owner,…you will have the ability to create those subsites…and when you do,…you become the site owner of that subsite you created.…In this movie,…I'm gonna show you how to create those subsites.…We're here on our marketing team site.…It is a group connected site…and it is the top level site here.…We wanna create a subsite,…so what we're gonna do is go over here…to our settings gear and from the menu,…we will go to site contents.…
Now, we can also go to our quick launch…and if we still have site contents there,…we can click there too.…Either way, it takes us to the same place.…Now, we're here on our Landon Hotel Intranet,…this is a classic experience SharePoint site.…And it is part of a traditional site collection,…but creating a subsite happens exactly the same way.…We go to our settings gear, click on Site Contents,…or if Site Contents is still here on the Quick Launch…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.