In this video, learn how to create a site collection using Windows PowerShell.
- [Instructor] So now let's take a look … at how we can go ahead and create a new site collection … using Windows Powershell. … Okay, so before I do, I want to show you something. … I'm here on the SharePoint server. … We're in central administration and I'm going to … on the left hand side here, click on application management. … And then under site collections, I'm going to click on the link … that says View All site collections. … And the reason I wanted to do that is I wanted … to show you even though it kind … of doesn't look like anything, but under URL, … all we have is the top level site collection, right? … Just the simple backslash. … All right, so I'm going to click back … to application management. … I just wanted you to see that that's all we have right now. … Now I'm going to go ahead and click on Start … and start typing in SharePoint and I want to go … to the SharePoint management Shell. … Okay, and this will take me into a Windows PowerShell window … specifically for SharePoint management. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.