Watch as Bill creates a report using Power BI services.
- [Instructor] All right,…we are here in our Power BI Services online,…and we're going to create a very simple report…with a couple of easy visualizations.…We have this data that we have pulled in…from our SharePoint library through Power BI Services here…that was our occupancy data,…and it gave us bed occupancy,…room occupancy for our hotels by year, by month.…So let's go ahead…and let's create a column chart.…Select that visualization.…
I'm going to make it big.…It's going to be the only thing really on here…other than the slicer,…so we can make it pretty sizeable.…And let's go ahead…and let's add some data.…We'll add our month to our axis,…and then we will add bed occupancy…and room occupancy.…We'll keep them together so we can see…and compare the differences.…And when we look at this data,…we see, to nobody's surprise,…that our highest room occupancy…and bed occupancy is in the summer months,…June, July, and August,…and of course the lower occupancy rates…are December and January.…
So no surprises,…but again, a nice visual tool,…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.