Learn about creating a new team site by navigating to the site that will be the parent site; choosing Site Contents; scrolling down to Subsites, and clicking the New icon; providing a name, URL, and description for the site; and then clicking Create.
- [Instructor] When I work with teams I believe…it's important to begin as we intend to continue.…If I begin a team without providing a team site,…the team will figure out how to collaborate…using tools that aren't as good, using email…for example, or putting Post-it notes on a wall.…Whereas if I begin with a team site,…that team's off to good start.…To create a new team site for a new team, you first…go to the site that the site will be created within.…Landon Hotels is the parent site here,…and inside of Landon Hotels we have Landon Detroit,…Landon San Francisco, Landon New York,…and we need to create a site for the hotel in Austin Texas.…
Let's come back then to the parent site.…Click the gear, go to Site contents,…we could also have chosen Site Contents in the Quick Launch,…and scroll down to Subsites.…You're looking for the peers of the site…you want to create, that's your second check en slight,…yep, okay, I'm all set.…I want it to be right here with it's siblings.…Click new subsite, and you're asked to provide a name.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site