Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new document, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Instructor] Let's begin this video on creating new…documents and document libraries by first defining…exactly what is a document library in SharePoint online?…After all, this will be the home where the new documents…are actually created.…A document library in SharePoint allows users to group…like content together in one area, much like a folder,…but with a lot more functionality.…It's a place where people can create, collect, update…and manage files with their team members.…
Let's go ahead and create a new Microsoft Word document…here in this library called Marketing Materials.…You'll soon notice that I do not have to leave SharePoint…and launch Word separately, creating new documents…is possible without having to leave the library to do so.…And that's the real benefit of this functionality.…I'm going to go ahead and create that new document by moving…to the command bar and clicking on the New dropdown.…From here you'll see several options…that are available to me.…
I can create new Word documents, Excel workbooks,…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.