Learn how to create a new eDiscovery case.
- [Instructor] In this movie we are going to create a new eDiscovery case. We're here on our Office 365 portal and we're signed in today as Chong Nuan. Now, Chong has been assigned the role of eDiscovery manager and as such he has the ability to create a new case and manage it. We need to go to the Security and Compliance Center and we don't have a shortcut here on our portal but that's okay, we're going to click on a new tab and we will start to give us the URL which is http://protection.office.com.
That is the URL to the Security and Compliance Center and we're here now at the Security and Compliance Center and we need to scroll down over here on the left and find Search and Investigation. That is where we're going to find our eDiscovery Center and we'll click on that and we have no cases here in our eDiscovery Center. Now, if you watched some of the previous videos in this course you may have said hey, wait a minute, there were a bunch of eDiscovery cases in there and you're right but I had those there early as an example so we could show you around and show you the different permissions and the different things that the different roles could do but since then I've gotten rid of them all, they've all be deleted, they've all been cleared so that we have a fresh slate so that we can start over and create a brand new case and go through it from beginning to end.
So, when we want to create a case, we're going to click on here, this big giant button that says Create Case and it opens up our new case window and we're going to give it a name. This is going to be the Globe Bank Case. We can give it a description. For litigation concerning the Globe Bank Contract. We'll click on Save and it takes us back here to our eDiscovery Center where we see our brand new Globe Bank Case. We can open the case and we see we have access to everything because are the eDiscovery manager.
We can create holds, searches, export, and go to eDiscovery, all things which we'll do in the upcoming movies in this course and that is how you create a new eDiscovery case. And I want you to remember that eDiscovery managers can only see and access eDiscovery cases that they been assigned to.
- eDiscovery Manager, Reviewer, and Administrator permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Creating a new eDiscovery case
- Putting content locations on hold
- Creating a keyword search
- Exporting search results
- Analysis with advanced eDiscovery
- Running the Express analysis
- Closing and reopening a case