In this video, Bill shows you how to get more out of your data by creating a measure, in Power BI.
- [Instructor] All right, we're still here…on our Power BI Desktop,…and we have the report we've been working on.…Now I took the liberty of moving…our visualizations around a little bit,…because we're starting to get tight for space…and we still have a couple more things…that we're going to add.…In this video, we're going to add a card…that will show us our total labor costs.…So let's start over here by our visualizations…and our card is right here.…It is just a single row…that's going to give us the total of our labor.…
Now when we look at this, we have our labor costs…and we have the salary, health insurance…and contract labor.…And we get the totals for each one of those individually,…but nowhere is it showing us our total labor cost.…So that's why we want to have that card,…because we'd like to see that number.…It's going to be handy for us to know…exactly what that total is.…So we want to get that data.…We're going to go over here and look for…our total labor cost.…And as we look down the fields,…well gosh, we don't see one anywhere, do we?…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.