Documents sets are a powerful feature in SharePoint 2013 allowing users to logically group documents together. Users may create documents sets to build a portfolio of different types of documents for each customer or perhaps for different projects. In this video we step through activate documents sets for a site; create a document set; assign the document set to a library; and add documents to the document set.
- [Voiceover] Another feature that's key…to document management in Sharepoint 2013…is document sets.…Now, document sets allow us to create…folder-like methods of organizing files.…Document sets can also have work flows…associated with them,…and also meta-data, or big-picture tagging,…that helps us find information.…For example, a company may have a series of…documents that they use to onboard…their new customers.…
We're going to create a document set…to hold those different documents for each customer.…So, in this video, we'll look…at creating a document set for a library.…We'll add site columns and templates to a document set.…As well as assigning that document set…to an existing library.…And, of course, to demonstrate it,…we'll also add documents to that document set.…In order to create document sets…on your SharePoint installation,…you'll need to make sure that the document set feature…has been activated at the site collection level.…
So, someone with site collection administrator privileges…is going to need to go in and activate that feature.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.