Learn how to add a custom list app to a SharePoint site.
- [Instructor] The List app is one…of the most popular apps in all of SharePoint.…The List app works like an Excel worksheet.…It is information, rows and columns of data.…And there's lots of things that you can do…with a list app in SharePoint, but the first thing…you have to do is add that app.…You have to create it.…So we're gonna go here to our settings gear…and click on add an app, and it brings us…to the Your Apps page.…Now in the first row, we see Custom List.…That's what we want.…
We're gonna click there.…And it prompts us to give it a name.…Now before we do that, I want you to see here,…we have the advanced options link.…We're gonna click on that to see what advanced options…we have, and well, it's not much.…We still have the name, but it gives us a place…to add a description.…That's it.…That's the only advanced option that we have.…So let's give our list a name,…and it is gonna be Landon Hotels.…We're gonna create a list of all…of the hotel's properties worldwide.…
Description.…Alright, now, notice that there's nowhere in here…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.