SharePoint lists are very much like Excel worksheets. In this video, see how to add columns of information to a SharePoint list.
- [Instructor] We're here in our Vendors list…and it is a modern experience SharePoint list,…we're in our Marketing Team Site…and our SharePoint lists are a lot like Excel worksheets.…We have rows and columns of data…and if we slide over here to the right,…we see that at the end here, at the right side,…we have a button that says Add column…and that's what we're gonna do in this movie.…We're gonna go ahead and add a new column to our list.…We're gonna start by clicking on the Add column button…and you see we get a list…of difficult types of columns we can add.…
We're gonna select the Choice column.…Our Create a column panel opens up…and the first thing we have to do is give it a name…and the name is Status because we want this…to show the status of these vendors,…whether they are active or inactive or new.…The type is Choice and we can click there…and change it to a different type,…but we're fine with leaving it at Choice.…We're gonna go ahead and delete all of those choices…and put in our own,…and we're gonna start by leaving a blank space…
- Examine the site collection hierarchy.
- Identify the fundamental components of different team sites.
- Recognize the essential elements of permission inheritance.
- Explain the different permission levels.
- Identify the essential steps to take when adding apps.
- Determine the fundamental steps to use when putting together a document library.
- Recall the task settings used when managing a Team Site.
- Recognize how to enable checking out a document in both the Modern and Classic experience.
- Identify how to change column order in both the Modern and Classic experience.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.