Learn how to add columns of information to a SharePoint library.
- [Instructor] We're here in our document library…of our marketing team site.…It is a modern experience document library.…And when we look at this document library…we don't have a lot of information here…showing about these individual documents.…You see we have a column here for name,…a column for modified which shows us…when the document was last modified,…and modified by which shows us who modified that document.…But we also have a place here that says add column…where we can add more columns of information…about these documents.…
And that's exactly what we're gonna do in this movie.…Let's go ahead and let's click add column here…to add a column, and once we do, this menu comes up…and we see the different types of columns…that we can add.…We're gonna select a yes no column,…and this little panel opens up our create a column panel…and I'm gonna call this column final,…because I want us to say whether the status of this column…is final or not, this document rather.…
The type is a yes no, and if we select that…you see we can change our mind and switch…
- Sites, site collections, and site templates
- Permission groups
- Permission inheritance
- Adding apps
- Creating columns
- Creating lists and document libraries
- Working with versioning
- Checking out documents
- Creating views and subsites
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Project Managementwith Bill Kulterman2h 8m Intermediate
1. Sites and Site Templates
2. Users and Permissions
3. Managing Team Site Content
4. Versioning and Check Out
5. Adding Columns
6. Creating Views
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.