Dynamic views filter based on the variables [Me] and [Today]. To view all files created by the current user, filter on the Created By column where Created By is equal to [Me]. Use [Today] expressions with date fields. For example, Created is greater than or equal to [Today]-7 shows files created in the past week.
- [Instructor] Remember that we're storing…lots of information about documents, including…who a document was last modified by, who it was…created by, and I might say well I'd like to see…documents that were created by me or modified by me…and one of the choices is to do that right here.…And then I could save that view.…But imagine now that we have 50 people…in a document library and each of them…is creating their own view, and with so many people…creating, inevitably somebody will save it…as a public view, it'll be Jenny's view or Rob's view,…and none of us need to create our individual views…because we can create a public view that will work…for everyone.…
The type of view we're going to create is called…a dynamic view.…And in order to do that, you can't simply model it,…create it by example here, we actually have to go in…to the library, so let's go to the library tab,…and indicate that we would like to create a view.…I'll create a standard view, so the view…we've bene working with so far looks good to me,…
- What is SharePoint?
- Navigating in a team site
- Opening and editing documents
- Coauthoring an Office document
- Sharing and managing documents
- Working with apps
- Syncing a list with Outlook
- Creating a new team site