The User Profile service stores information about users in a central location. In this video learn how to create a User Profile service application.
- [Instructor] So let's take a look at … how to create a User Profile Service Application. … Here I am in the central administrator for SharePoint … and under application management, … you'll see here that there's an option … for manage service applications … so let me go ahead and click on that now. … In here, we're going to go up to the left … where it says New … and you'll see when I click on, it's a drop-down … and I'm going to say that I want to create … a new User Profile Service Application . … So I'll click on that … and now I get the … Create New User Profile Service Application window. … So let's start off by giving it a name … and we'll just call it Demo UPSA … it's a lot shorter to type out … than User Profile Service Application. … And then for the application pool name, … we'll go ahead and … we'll say Demo UPSAAppPool … All right, so it's the Demo User Profile … Service Application Application Pool. … As far as credentials, … we'll go ahead and the security account, … I'll just leave it as the administrator account. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.