Search in SharePoint enables users to find relevant information quickly and easily. In this video learn how to create a Search service application.
- [Tutor] In order to be able … to search the SharePoint Database. … First thing we need to do is create the … "Search Service Application." … All right. … So to do this, we have to here in Central Administration, … under Application Management, … we want to manage our … "Service Applications." … And then from here, … we want to go ahead … and create a new "Service Application" specifically … for the Search Service. … So I'm going to go up to the new option up on the ribbon. … And you'll see here … that I can create a new "Search Service Application." … All right. So here in the create new … "Search Service Application," … some of the information is already populated for you. … It picks a default name of … "Search Service Application 1." … That's fine with me. … You'll see here. … It automatically puts in the Administrator account … that I'm logged in as, … so that's fine as well. … But now down below here where we need to go ahead … and we have a couple of different application pools we need, …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.