The My Site host is a dedicated site for hosting My Sites in SharePoint Server. In this video learn how to create a My Site host site collection.
- [Man] Once we have configured our web app … and have configured our managed paths, … the next step would be to create … a My Site Host Site collection. … All right, so what we're going to do … is actually jump back over to application management, … and then we're going to create site collections. … All right. … So here let's create a new one. … For the title, let's just call it … "My Sites Host." … Now, this is going to be a top level site, … so we're going to go ahead and leave the URL … with just simply a backslash. … And then for the template, we want to click on enterprise … and then select My Site Host. … So that's the template that we're going to use … and really everything else that we're doing here … is exactly the same as when we created a site collection … in the video where I teach you … how to create a top level site collection. … Here, I'm going to go ahead and put in … landonhotel/administrator … and then check names to make sure I typed it right. … And click "OK." … And at this point, it will now create …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.