In this video, learn how to create an Enterprise Search Center.
- [Instructor] So the next thing we want to do … is to go ahead and create an enterprise search center. … So to do this, … we need to go back into application management, … inside our central administration, … so you'll notice on the left, … I can click on central administration to get back to it, … and then we have application management, … and now we're going to create a site collection. … Now, real fast here, I want to make sure, … especially if you've been following along with everything … that I'm doing here that you also make this one change here. … We don't want to use the my sites web application, … and it defaulted to that … 'cause that's the last thing that was created. … So I'm going to do the little dropdown here … and then change the web application, … and we're going to change it to SharePoint Teams. … Now that's the web application that we want to use. … All right. … So now, we need to go ahead and give this site a title. … So let's just call it something like the search center, …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.