Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy links, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Narrator] The copy link functionality…allows users to copy a link to a file or folder…and then insert it into a text message, website or email.…Much like the share feature,…the real power is that it also allows…you to control what type of link you're actually sharing.…Normally files stored in a given library…are available to everyone who currently…have permissions access in that location.…Now what if you want to send a link…to someone outside of this group though,…someone without the proper permissions.…
Let's take a look.…In this exercise I'm going to select a file,…but as we saw with the share feature,…I could also select an entire folder.…With the file selected I'll move to the command bar…and there I'll click on copy link.…We can see that the default link access…is set to anyone with the link can view and edit.…Now what does that mean exactly?…Well, If I sent this link in a text to Katie,…she can freely forward that same link…to Heather, then Magnus.…
To control who can access this link…once I send it through to someone…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.