Learn how to create views that recreate some of your most valuable reports. Learn how to use grouped views. Learn how to use Totals.
- [Instructor] When your database already exists,…people are probably familiar with reports,…and once those reports are stored in that file,…then we have to PDF them or we have to give them access…to the database to be able to review the reports.…Let's convert some of our valuable reports to views.…So let's go ahead and work inside our database so that…we can look at the reports that people most commonly access.…So I'm going to go ahead and minimize my SharePoint site.…I'll go ahead and close my issues list.…Okay, if you're prompted to save you can say yes to that.…
I'm going to go ahead and scroll down, and let's open up…open issues by category.…So this is a great report.…It shows us all of the open issues which means that they're…active or resolved but they're not actually closed,…by each category which represents a different department.…This can easily be created as a view inside of SharePoint.…So we can have the value of the report here for printing,…but the access to the information through a view…in SharePoint.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.