Learn how to easily convert Google docs into Microsoft Word documents right from Google Drive, and see the results in both Word Online and the desktop version of Word.
- [Tutor] Microsoft Word cannot open a Google Doc without a little help. In this video, we'll explore converting those Google Docs into the Microsoft Word format .docx. Let's take a look. We have to convert the Google Docs into the Word format before we can work with them in Word. We're going to use the Best of the Landon Hotel Guide. To convert this file to a Word document, all we have to do is go up here to our File menu, choose Download as, and you can see the first option is Microsoft Word (.docx).
Now as you can see we can also convert this file into other formats as well, and if you need this file as one of those formats, you have that option but we simply want to turn this into a Word document. So that's what we're going to choose. And if you look down here on our download bar in the lower-left corner, we can watch the progress as it converts and downloads, but it's already done. So we're going to go and open up that folder, and we see that the file is there, and we'll open it up in Word; everything looks great doesn't it? Now let's go ahead and take a look and see what it looks like in our Online app.
I've already converted and moved this to our SharePoint document library, and we clicked to open it here in our Word Online. Look at that. Worked pretty well didn't it? As you saw, converting Google Docs into the Word format worked really well for us. Now you're able to go ahead and edit your documents in Microsoft Word without any problems.
- Using OneDrive
- Understanding SharePoint
- Exploring issues when migrating
- Exploring Microsoft apps
- Sharing considerations
- Converting documents and spreadsheets
- Addressing formula concerns
- Converting Google slides to PowerPoint
- Moving files individually and in bulk
- Moving files to SharePoint