Watch as Bill shows you how to connect Power BI to data in a SharePoint folder.
- [Instructor] All right, we are here in SharePoint.…We're on our Hotel Info site; and this site,…as you can see over here, we have a document library…that has three Excel workbooks in it.…This site has all of our information for our hotel expenses,…as you can see, hotel revenue, occupancy;…and what we want to do in this video is we're going to connect…this report, this Annual Expenses workbook, to Power BI.…So before we do that, I want to open up this report…so we can take a quick look at it…and you can see what we're working with.…
As you can see, there's plenty of rows…of data and a lot of columns; you know,…it's not a gigantic spreadsheet, but it's a lot of data.…And looking at it like this, and it may be a little hard…to try and pull out what you're looking for which is,…of course, why we're going to bring it into Power BI…and create some really good visualizations.…Now to do that, what we're going to need is our URL;…so I'm going to go up here and simply copy it, store it…in my clipboard so that when we go to Power BI;…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.