In this video, watch as Bill shows you how to connect to a SharePoint library with Power BI services.
- [Narrator] Alright, we are once again in SharePoint…on our Hotel Info team site.…And in this video, we are going to go ahead and connect to…an Excel sheet here in our document library…using Power BI services.…We're going to connect to the Occupancy worksheet.…So, let's go ahead and let's open it up and take a quick…look at it.…And, here it is.…We have information in here of bed occupancy…and room occupancy…for each hotel by month, by year.…
And, we're going to go ahead and in Power BI services bring…that data, connect to this SharePoint library and bring that…data into Power BI services.…And, to do that, we are going to need this URL once more.…So, let's go ahead and let's copy that.…And, now we're going to move over to our Power BI services.…We'll go down to the lower left and click on, "Get Data,"…and we're going to go to the files section.…And I have an entire video where we talk about the different…data sources.…
And if you want to know more about them,…you can go ahead and watch that.…But, we are going to click on "Files,"…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.