In this video Bill walks you through the process of connecting Power BI to data in a SharePoint list.
- [Instructor] All right, we are here…once again in our SharePoint site,…our team site for hotel information.…In this video we are going to show you…how to connect to data in a SharePoint online list.…Let's go to that list.…It's right here, it's called Hotel ID.…When we click on it we see it's a very short list of data.…It is simply the list of all of our hotels.…We have a column for hotel ID, city, state/province,…country, latitude, and longitude.…
It's not a lot of data but it's going to allow us…to make a really cool map visualization.…Later on in the course we're going to use it as the key…for us to go ahead and bring in data from different sources.…We're going to need the URL for this list.…Let's go ahead and copy it.…Now we're going to go down and switch to our Power BI desktop.…All right, we're here in our Power BI desktop.…We're going to go up to our ribbon…and choose the Get Data button.…
Once we click there we see all the places…we can get data from, but we're going to narrow it down.…We're going to click to Online Services…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.