In this video, learn how to configure a new search topology.
- [Teacher] In order to change the search topology, … it's actually done … through a series of Windows PowerShell commands. … So rather than go through and show you in that interface, … plus it would require us … to set up a whole second SharePoint Server, … I want to just kind of show you … what you would do. … What the process would be to go through. … So first we want to make sure to start the search service … if it's not already, okay? … So there's a couple of commands … that we're going to start with, … which is basically just setting up variables … for App1 and App2 being SPServe1 and SPServer2. … Now I know in my environment, … I only have the one server … and it's just called SPServer, okay? … But we're going to pretend that it's called SPServer1 … and we have another one that we're set up with SPServer2. … Next, we want to go ahead and run … the Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance, … for both variable App1 and App2, … which is basically a way of saying, … get this service instance for both SPServer1 and two. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.