In order for SharePoint to communicate effectively, it needs an outgoing email configuration. Learn the necessary settings to create it so that notifications, alerts, and other outbound communication can be utilized.
- [Instructor] Another common configuration task…that administrators do when they first setup a farm…is to setup outgoing email.…Outgoing email is used to send administrative notifications…and alerts.…So it's kind of important to have set.…To configure outgoing email,…go to System Settings.…So here we are on the System Settings page,…and we're going to Configure Outgoing Email Settings,…under Email and Text Messages.…
And I just so happen to have already typed these in,…because you can see that they're pretty long.…But, my outgoing SMTP server,…my email server for my network is dc1…on corpkineticcoenergy.com.…The From Address can be actually any address…that is appropriate so that the users and administrators…would identify it as coming from SharePoint.…So this doesn't have to be a live, active address…if you don't want it to be.…
However, the Reply-to Address does.…So, in my case, I have an admin account…at kineticcoenergy.com.…And so, I'm going to use that as the Reply-to.…Remember that the Reply-to Address has to be an inbox…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection