You can specify the paths in the URL namespace of a web application to use for site collections. In this video learn how to configure managed paths to create a wildcard inclusion to append multiple site collections to a path you specify.
- [Teacher] In order to configure MySites, … there's a few steps involved, … some of which I have completed already … because basically the steps are identical … to what I already have showed you in other videos. … So the main thing here that I've done is … I've created a web application for MySites, … and the steps involved with that are to configure DNS. … So what we're looking at right here is my domain controller, … and I just want to show you that … I do have a host record for MySites, … pointing to the SharePoint server. … Now let's jump over to our SharePoint server. … Here on the SharePoint server, … I'm going to go ahead and click on "Manage web applications" … 'cause I want to show you that … I have a web app called MySites-80. … Okay, and it points to mysites.landonhotel.local/. … Okay, and by the way, if you don't remember how to do this … or you need assistance setting this up again, … it's done the same way as we did earlier in the video … where I teach you specifically …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.