A SharePoint web application is composed of a website that acts as a logical unit for the site collections you create. In this video, learn how to configure DNS to support web applications.
- In order for users to be able to easily connect … to your various web applications, … it's important to have DNS set up appropriately. … So here, I am on my domain controller/DNS server, … and we're going to configure DNS here. … So we're looking at the server manager, … and I'm going to go up to the Tools menu, … and I'm going to select DNS. … And this will take me into the DNS manager. … If I go ahead and expand the server that I'm on, … and then expand Forward Lookup Zones, … you'll see that I have a zone for landonhotel.local. … So in here, what I want to do, is I want to go ahead … and create a new host, all right? … So I'm going to right-click, and I'm going to select New Host. … And the name of this host is going to be teams, okay? … Because that's going to be a web application … that we're going to create, … which is going to be teams.landonhotel.local. … And then I have to put in the IP address, … and this just happens to be the IP address … of the SharePoint server in my environment. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.