In this video learn how to configure synchronization with the Active Directory database.
- [Man] The next thing we want to do after creating … the user profile service application, … is to go ahead and to configure an … active directory import. … All right. So here, … we're still looking at our service applications, … and here we have our Demo UPSA, … and we're going to click on it. … Now you want to make sure that you click on the top one, … the actual user profile service application, not the proxy. … So I'm going to click on that item, … and then here, what we're going to do, … where we're managing the profile service Demo UPSA, … under synchronization, we're going to … go ahead and configure synchronization settings. … Now, you want to be careful because there's … configure synchronization connections … and configure settings. We want settings, okay? … I hate when they put things … that look very similar right next to each other. … All right. And then here, … we want to make sure that it says to use the SharePoint … active directory import and click "OK." … Now we're going to go ahead and we want to click on the …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.