Learn how to configure the SQL firewall so that SharePoint can send data back to the database.
- [Narrator] There are a few details to cover…when it comes to trying to get Windows servers…to communicate with each other,…and even in one case, specifically with itself.…Windows servers have firewall capabilities built in.…Now, your environment may have plenty of security…and doesn't need the servers to also have firewalls…complicating communications.…However, it isn't best practice to disable…some free security, so we are going to keep…the server firewalls on and configure rules…to be sure that they can communicate.…When SharePoint installs, the setup account…can make changes to that server's firewall…for SharePoint's sake.…
But SQL has no idea that SharePoint's coming,…so we need to be sure that it has a port open…to receive traffic on 1433.…If you're using a named instance to store…a SharePoint's databases, you might have…a different port specified for the database engine traffic.…If so, use that port number instead of 1433.…To configure the firewall rule on a SQL Server,…click on the Start menu in the taskbar.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.