In this video, Bill shows you how to connect to and combine data from multiple SharePoint locations.
- [Instructor] Alright, we're here in…our SharePoint team site again,…our Hotel Info site,…and in this video, what we're going to do…is combine data from two different sources…here in SharePoint.…We're going to go from our documents library…and we're going to take this data, the hotel revenue.…Let's open it up and take a quick look at it.…We have revenue data for our chain of hotels…every month for the past eight years.…We have revenue and profit.…We're going to combine that, along with the information…in our Hotel ID list.…
This is our hotels, where they are,…country, state, city,…our latitude and longitude,…and if you remember, we connected this data…to our Power BI in a previous lesson.…We showed you how to pull this data out of this list…and get it into Power BI,…so what we're going to do now is go to our Power BI desktop…and connect these two sources of data together.…Now, we are going to need our URL again,…so I'm going to go to our homepage, copy that,…and now let's switch over to Power BI.…
Alright, we are back here in our Power BI desktop,…
- Connecting to data in libraries, lists, services, and more
- Adding custom columns
- Editing queries
- Creating charts and other visualizations
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Managing relationships between data
- Publishing reports to Power BI services
- Embedding reports on SharePoint pages
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Power BI
2. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Library
3. Connect to Data in a SharePoint Online List
4. Connect to Data in SharePoint with Power BI Services
5. Connect to Data from Multiple Sources in SharePoint
6. Embed a Report on a SharePoint Page
Add a link to a page1m 21s
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.