- [Instructor] Coauthoring is one…of the slicker features in SharePoint Online.…With coauthoring, I can be editing a document,…and so can one of my colleagues.…For example, I'm working on the employee manual here,…a little review, a couple of light edits,…and notice Griffin Snow is also editing this document,…and I get a banner about that.…At the other end, I'm sure Griffin…sees that I'm already in the document.…
I can click this dropdown,…and I can see where they are editing.…So if I want to see where Griffin is editing,…I can click their name and notice that Griffin…is actually editing in this portion of the document;…the probationary period for new employees.…If I want to chat with Griffin,…I can click the chat button to open a chat panel.…Notice this chat with people…editing this file in Office Online.…
I'm going to say, "Hi Griffin,"…because Griffin's the only person here.…I can just chat so only one person sees it.…"Do you need any information,"…"or are you all set with section 2.x?"…Just asking a question.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.