Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Coauthor a document, part of SharePoint Online Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Coauthoring is one…of the slicker features in SharePoint Online.…With coauthoring, I can be editing a document,…and so can one of my colleagues.…For example, I'm working on the employee manual here,…a little review, a couple of light edits,…and notice Griffin Snow is also editing this document,…and I get a banner about that.…At the other end, I'm sure Griffin…sees that I'm already in the document.…
I can click this dropdown,…and I can see where they are editing.…So if I want to see where Griffin is editing,…I can click their name and notice that Griffin…is actually editing in this portion of the document;…the probationary period for new employees.…If I want to chat with Griffin,…I can click the chat button to open a chat panel.…Notice this chat with people…editing this file in Office Online.…
I'm going to say, "Hi Griffin,"…because Griffin's the only person here.…I can just chat so only one person sees it.…"Do you need any information,"…"or are you all set with section 2.x?"…Just asking a question.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding SharePoint permissions
- Searching SharePoint sites
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- Using OneDrive for file storage
- Working with libraries and list apps
- Creating custom and dynamic views
- Integrating Office apps: Outlook, Word, and more
- Going mobile with SharePoint Online
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.